CHICKEN CACCIATORE
About 7-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 red onion chopped up
1 green pepper
2 cans of low sodium diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup sliced mushrooms (I like mushrooms)
1/2 can low sodium tomato sauce (not pasta)
First I browned the chicken in some coconut oil. After they were browned on each side I threw everything else in the pot. I added some extra seasonings to my taste so feel free to add. Brought it up to a boil. Lowered the heat and simmered for a good hour. I like to do it long enough where the chicken just kinda falls apart. I served it over whole wheat pasta. On the side I made steamed some baby carrots. Once the water evaporates I put some honey on them. (Not a lot) sauté for alittle longer then done!!
This was such a great meal and feeds a lot. Kids LOVED it and there was plenty left over.
Enjoy everyone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment